Space2BE's Podcast - People, Performance, Leadership & Love
Episode 3: Resilience in the workplace - it starts with you - with Lindsey Harding
December 16, 2021
Seasoned Executive Coaches and Consultants, Karen Griffin and Lindsey Harding introduce us softly to the idea of resilience for leaders. In earnest, they share their own resilience journeys and importantly the top tips they’ve gathered through reflection, practice and ongoing learning about resilience in support of their work with Leaders across numerous sectors. Of note, the key messages from this podcast are:
- Resilience is deeply personal for each of us, so learning about what undercuts and what supports our own resilience is key.
- Journaling and looking for patterns through our lives and careers can help with this.
- Resilience can be learnt - it is a dynamic capability that we can all mindfully grow.
- Despite common myth, resilience is far more than simply “bounce back”.
- Resilience is holistic - top tips for improving it embrace support for the mind, body and spirit.
- Due to the heightened stresses and strains of our world and economies the need for us to be resilient has increased massively in recent years and will continue to do so. Paying attention to this therefore is a necessity - not a desirable requirement.
- The Resilience at Work (R@W) toolkit offers a dynamic frame for improving individual, team and organisational resilience. Here is a pdf link; https://workingwithresilience.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/R@WToolkitFlierAus.pdf
- As we look to achieve optimal performance paying attention to our heart coherence is proven to be useful AND healthy for our long term resilience. Here is the link to the UK business that specialises in this and trains coaches in their tools: https://www.heartmath.co.uk/